A downloadable project
Chalo is a game engine built by Rachel Singh for their own games. It is built on top of C++ and SFML.
- Engine repository: chalo-engine
- Game template: chalo-engine-game-template
- Map editor: chalo-map-editor
Projects using Chalo:
- Menu markup system and UI system (labels, images, buttons, textboxes)
- Config system
- Basic asset managers
- Logger utility
- Mappable controls
- Basic collision helper functions (bounding box, distance formula)
- State manager
- Map and tile objects
- Multi-language support; external language file support
- OpenDyslexic font support (just toggle it in the menu!)
- Have a bunch of boilerplate code covered so I don't have to write it every time I make a new game.
- Accessibility features (remappable keys, colorblind tools, dyslexia font support, maybe some kind of text-to-speech support?)
- Basic scripting/event system.
- A variety of game objects with different movement types (platformer, top-down, etc.)
- Basics physics handling stuff.
- Build tools to help me make games without relying on third party tools that may not meet all my needs...
- Map editor.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.